WORKSITE: Milpitas, CA. Secondary: Dixon, CA.
Position: Electrical Automotive Engineer
Reporting To: Installation Manager PD-6000 Team
Will design and develop electrical systems for alternative propulsion systems. Manage multiple projects from concept to production. Design and develop schematics for wire harnesses and assemble/install prototypes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review requirements (OEM, Customer Schematics).
- Generate schematics to satisfy system requirements.
- Ensure proper integration of electrical components in EV/HEV applications
- Generate layout to build wiring harnesses.
- Check all prints for production/prototypes.
- Submit drawings to document control.
- Installation/routing of wire harness in vehicles, develop harnesses.
- Development test requirements.
- Able to work on individual projects and coordinate/perform in team activities
Experience / training / education:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive or related field (e.g. aerospace)
- Strongly experience in installation/routing and proper securing of wire harnesses in vehicles
- High voltage (600V+) and low voltage wiring training and experience
- Experienced in electrical schematic capture (e.g. PADS Logic, Orcad)
- Wire routing experience, Wire Harness Design and fabrication from Concept to hands-on Jig Board Production
- Proficient with cable construction, connector crimping to 00 size
- Proficient with Test Equipment (Canalyzer, Mototron, DVM, oscilloscope)
Desired but not required experience:
- Electro/Mechanical Design Engineering
- 3D CAD modeling experience; wire harness 3D modeling.
- Knowledge of requirements for electronic automotive components
- Knowledge of the operating of sensors and actuators
- Knowledge of CAN 2B electrical systems and software messages
- Experienced in Visio
- Up to 20% travel for on-site customer support at various US and world locations
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This is a combination of an office position with employees working in a controlled office environment to develop electrical designs and a hands on position managing and sometimes actively participating in the development and installation of electrical systems on electric and hybrid-electric vehicles. The position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data. Finger dexterity may be required to operate computer keyboard and calculator. Some physical strength required to carry EV cabling, test equipment, and to operate crimpers and other typical hand tools. Some travel may require employee to lift their own luggage and walk throughout airports.