EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 integrated into Golden Dragon All-Electric Bus Fleet
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrain solutions announced the successful fulfillment of its largest order of all-electric buses for leading manufacturer in China, Golden Dragon. As part of the program, the EDI PowerDrive™ 6000EV system was integrated into a fleet of eighteen Golden Dragon 10.5 meter buses.
Golden Dragon has played a key role in evolving clean transportation in China and the Asia Pacific regions. The company has established a visible presence to its commitment to electrification of its vehicles, with over 15,000 new energy buses deployed globally. In China alone, Golden Dragon has deployed new energy vehicles in over 40 cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Xiamen, and Fuzhou. The new all electric 10.5 meter buses featuring the EDI PowerDrive™ will run in city and rural routes across multiple terrains and climates for the city of Nantong, China.
This order follows EDI’s considerable success in the mass transit space in China—beginning with the first vehicle integration for Ankai transit buses in 2010. To date, the company has delivered large quantity bus production orders across major territories in China with several leading OEMs. Recently, its EDI PowerDrive™ system hit a cumulative mileage of 3.8 million miles in a commercial fleet setting. The company will continue to supply EDI PowerDrive™ Plug-in Hybrid Electric (PHEV), and all electric (EV) drivetrains and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software to major OEMs as the companies work to rapidly offer electrified buses in response to government mandates. As part of its China bus initiative, EDI has worked to qualify its drivetrain technology with a wide range of cities, allowing the company to compete on a broad scale. As the year progresses, EDI will continue to work to expand commercial bus deployments to territories across China and other Asia-Pacific regions.
EDI also continues to experience strong success in the U.S. bus market, with the recent introduction of its EDI PowerDrive™ 7000EV drivetrain system in Q3 of 2017. Since its initial product introduction, the company has worked with leading bus manufacturers to deliver all electric type C and D buses. Globally, EDI expects to close several hundred orders for bus drivetrains this year.
- Efficient Drivetrains announces the successful delivery of its largest order of all electric buses for the city of Nantong in China
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 technology was integrated into a fleet of 18 Golden Dragon 10.5 meter buses, a leading OEM, and pioneer in clean transportation solutions in Asia Pacific.
- EDI has successfully integrated onto several Asia OEMs include Ankai, Shaanxi, Xiamen Jinlong, Foton, Master Transportation, and Yaxing Motor Coach
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 has surpassed over 3.8M million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes in China. The same drivetrain system received government certification after undergoing durability testing in late 2015.
- The electrification of vehicles in China continues to accelerate rapidly, with forecasts indicating that the China bus market will reach over 200,000 PHEV and EV buses by 2020, with the goal to reach full electrification by 2027.
- Globally, the company is experiencing increasing demand for its PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions for the mass transportation industry. Working in conjunction with its new OEM partners, EDI expects to close orders for several hundred more bus drivetrains in 2018.
“This is a significant milestone for EDI, and proving ground to our long-standing commitment to transforming the transportation segments with the highest impacts to the environment and air quality. China continues to lead in the electrification of its medium and heavy duty transportation segments, and we’re enabling OEMs to rapidly offer electric options-in both PHEV and EV form factors to the industry.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
“China’s aggressive government mandates requiring the move from traditional diesel fuels to electric options has fundamentally shifted the marketplace, with continued upward growth in the mass transportation space. EDI continues to expand its footprint-working with leading OEMs to successfully integrate its PowerDrive™ technology into several models of buses.”
-Taylor Yu, Head of China Development, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
This article is also posted to BusinessWire.
- EDI PowerDrive Tops 3.1 Million Mile Mark news release
- EDI Unveils its EV Bus Platform at NAPT Industry Event news release
- EDI Receives Bus Production Order for EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 System news release
- EDI Selected by Four Major OEMs in China for Electrified Buses news release
- EDI CNG PHEV City Bus Receives Government Certification news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- EDI Vehicle Project Videos