EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 technology integration completed on new vehicle OEM
MILPITAS, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrain solutions today announced the completion of the integration of its EDI PowerDrive™ technology into a new OEM platform, Freightliner. The newly available Freightliner M2 truck rounds out EDI’s portfolio of Class-3 to 6 zero-emissions utility vehicles with exportable power option.
The newest utility vehicle features the EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 plug-in electric drivetrain, delivering over 25+ miles of all-electric, zero-emissions driving, 300 more miles of range in hybrid modes, and reduces emissions by up to 80 percent when compared to conventional utility vehicles. The new Freightliner utility truck operates as a powerful, all electric zero emissions vehicle for both city and highway driving situations, extends driving ranges with two high efficiency hybrid modes, and eliminates jobsite engine idle for well over 8 hours.
Another industry-differentiator on EDI’s utility vehicles is the optional exportable power capacity, ranging from 75-160kW. By harnessing the power of the on-board batteries, the vehicle can power a neighborhood, eliminate planned and unplanned outages, and provide emergency backup power in the event of a natural disaster. The Freightliner M2 features 120kW of exportable power, and enables a utility to run the vehicle in anti-idle zones, during late hours and job site tool with zero engine idling, no noise, fumes, or emissions.
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 has been integrated into a Freightliner M2 truck, rounding out the company’s utility solution offering with an additional, highly differentiated OEM offering
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 has previously been durability tested over 1.5 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses
- EDI is currently offering Class-3 through 6 utility solutions with optional exportable power available on Ford, GM, Peterbilt, and now Freightliner platforms
- The Freightliner utility truck will be on display March 15-17th at the NTEA work truck show in the Freightliner booth
- The company will continue to expand its portfolio of solutions: EDI PowerDrive™ line of EV and PHEV drivetrains, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control Software and Telematics, and EDI Power2E™ 2 Way Charging and Exportable Power for end users, vehicle manufacturers and integrators throughout 2017
“We are very proud to drive a new chapter of innovation and expand our utility solution offering to include Freightliner. This new vehicle is by far, the most powerful and versatile fully electric and hybrid truck in the industry. This Freightliner fully surpassed everyone’s expectations about the acceleration and power that could be delivered in a zero-emissions capable class 6 worktruck.
When combining its strong zero emissions performance with the ability to eliminate jobsite engine idle for an entire 10+ hour shift and also having an option for exporting enough AC power to eliminate tow behind generators, you end up with an ideal electrified worktruck solution for the industry.
“It has always been our focus to deliver cutting-edge innovation with the ability to drive maximum value for fleet operators. Our portfolio of proven, industry-first electrified utility vehicles help fleet operators meet aggressive emissions reduction mandates today. Utilities benefit from a from reduction in fuel costs, significant reduction in emissions, and the optional on-board power substantially reduces downtime during planned and unplanned outages.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
- EDI Utility and Telecom Solutions
- EDI EV and PHEV Vehicle Solution Offering
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- EDI Project Videos