Company significantly increases mass transportation footprint globally to support emissions reduction targets with its Hybrid and Electric Drivetrain Systemss
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrain solutions, announced today that it has received a new bus drivetrain production order in China to integrate its EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 systems into 12 meter buses for the city of Tianshui as they work to electrify their fleet to significantly reduce emissions. The company will be supplying its EDI PowerDrive™ Plug-in Hybrid Electric (PHEV) drivetrains and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software to Yaxin Motors for vehicle integration. The city buses will be deployed in a replacement of 26 standard diesel buses, and will reduce fuel consumption and emissions by over 40% when compared to their traditional counterpart.
As available subsidy programs in China continue to drive the market-cities, provinces, and OEMs are rapidly adopting electrification as a primary means to meet emissions reduction mandates. EDI leads as one of the technology providers of choice for several China OEM partners such as Yaxing, Ankai, Shaaxi, and Xiamen Jinlong. With its successful delivery of its China government certified drivetrain solutions to electrify 8, 10.5, and 12 meter buses, the company has over 90 buses deployed with its PHEV drivetrain systems and expects to close orders for several hundred more bus drivetrains by the close of 2017.
Available for class 4-8 commercial vehicles, Efficient Drivetrains EDI PowerDrive™ advanced suite of hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions enable OEMs, suppliers, and integrators to rapidly and cost effectively bring electric and hybridized vehicles to market. The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 deployed in the fleet of China buses has recently undergone performance, durability and gradeability testing--with results demonstrating the best fuel economy, higher gradeability, and significantly reduced emissions when compared to other major PHEV bus offerings in the market.
The announcement follows the company’s recent success in the North American market, as EDI integrated its EDI PowerDrive™ 7000e electric drivetrain into a Type D school bus to deliver a zero-emissions, all-electric school bus with 100 miles of driving range. EDI continues to experience heightened demand for its drivetrain systems as OEMs work to offer electrified mass transit solutions.
- Efficient Drivetrains announces the receipt of a production order of its EDI PowerDrive™ PHEV drivetrains for the city of Tianshui City, with expected delivery in August to Yaxin motor for vehicle integration and deployment
- The company has over 90 buses deployed with its PHEV drivetrain system and expects to close orders for several hundred more drivetrains by the close of 2017
- The announcement occurs on the heels of a recent announcement on its electrification program with Bluebird Bus in North America-integrating the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000e to create a type D zero-emissions school bus
- EDI has already made significant progress in China—integrating its EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 technology into several models of 8, 10.5, and 12 meter buses for OEMs such as Ankai, Shaanxi, Xiamen Jinlong, and Yaxing Motor Coach
- OEMs implementing EDI’s PowerDrive™ 6000 technology experience significant reduction in emissions and fuel consumption, with vehicle performance that meets or exceeds that of the traditional vehicle.
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 has surpassed over 2 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes. The same drivetrain system received government certification after undergoing durability testing in late 2015.
“This new award follows our recently announced Type D bus integration program for Bluebird in North America in July. As China continues to pursue its aggressive emissions reduction targets utilizing electricity as a primary fuel source, EDI is well-positioned to help cities and government entities rapidly meet mandates. The follow on production order comes as a direct result of our focus on developing new program opportunities with existing OEM partners in the geography. EDI first received a prototype award and certification for the first China buses in 2015, with several follow on projects over the course of the last two year. Based on the success of our programs in China, we are now actively delivering on opportunities with industry partners in North America as well.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
This article also posted to Businesswire.
- Bluebird announces All-New electric School Bus Solutions news release
- EDI Selected by Four Major OEMs in China to Rapidly Deploy Electrified Buses news release
- EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 Surpasses the Million-Mile Mark news release
- EDI CNG PHEV City Bus Receives Government Certification news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- EDI Vehicle Project Videos