EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV available to OEMs looking to enter EV Market
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions, today announced the unveiling of its EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 electric drivetrain at the annual National Association for Pupil Transit Industry Event. The EDI PowerDrive™ EV series will be offered as an electrification kit and developer support program for school bus manufacturers looking to offer e-Buses as part of their solution portfolio.
School buses serve as one of the largest mass transit segments in the US, and are among the oldest and dirtiest fleets on the road today. The industry at large is looking to move to zero-emissions options to improve air quality and reduce exposing children and local communities to toxic emissions. Paired with available government subsidy and incentive programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, school districts benefit from low cost of ownership and sustainable transport for students.
As demand for electric solutions for OEMs rise, EDI is now offering a vehicle developers kit and support program to enable bus manufacturers to rapidly create EV vehicle solutions. The EDI PowerDrive™ kit offers OEMs a robust framework for rapid EV vehicle solution development. Electrification kits include a high-efficiency drivetrain (EDI PowerDrive™), vehicle control and telematics software (EDI PowerSuite™), and the training and support infrastructure to enable quicker time to market in offering EV vehicles. OEMs can also further customize their vehicle solutions with EDI’s Electric Power Export (EDI Power2ETM) option—the capability to export a range of power directly from the vehicle for use in disaster recovery, tool operation, and V2G applications.
By integrating EDI’s drivetrain and vehicle control software into school bus platforms, OEMs can offer fleet operators zero-emissions driving, significant reduction in fuel costs, and reduced total cost of ownership. Bus drivers operating the vehicle will continue to experience a standard driving experience--all the expected full power vehicle performance of the OEM, while eliminating harmful emissions.
- EDI has formally announced its expansion into the School Bus industry, with the unveil of its EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV drivetrain and EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control software
- The company has collaborated with several leading OEMs to electrify buses. In the US, the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 has been integrated into two models of Bluebird buses, the All American RE Type D and Vision Type C, and Thomas Bus Safe-T-Liner Type C.
- EDI has long standing history in electrification of buses-integrating its EDI PowerDrive™ technology into several models of 8, 10.5, and 12 meter buses for OEMs such as Ankai, Shaanxi, Xiamen Jinlong, and Yaxing Motor Coach.
- The EDI PowerDrive™ has surpassed over 2.5 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes.
- Schools operating fleets of electric buses benefit from zero-emissions driving, clean-air for its students, and the surrounding community, and significantly reduced fuel costs.
- For vehicle manufacturers looking to quickly offer electrified solution offerings, the company will be offering the EDI PowerDrive™ technology in both PHEV and EV platforms as an electrification kit for OEMs, including control software and optional telematics for vehicle analytics and real-time fleet monitoring.
“The school bus industry at large is making significant strides in adopting zero-emissions technology. By offering EDI’s technology as a developer’s kit, bus manufacturers will be well-positioned to offer solutions that qualify for government incentive programs and meet emissions mandates. With the integration of our technology into several major OEM platforms across the US and Asia, EDI is quickly emerging as a market leader.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
This article also posted to Businesswire.
- Efficient Drivetrains Collaborates with Master Transportation to deliver industry’s first “Made in Taiwan” e-bus news release
- Efficient Drivetrains Receives Bus Production order for its EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 Systems news release
- Blue Bird Introduces All-New Electric School Bus Solutions news release
- EDI Selected by Four Major OEMS in China to Rapidly Deploy Electrified Buses news release
- EDI Announces Expansion of its EDI PowerDrive™ EV Series Solutions portfolio news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- EDI Vehicle Project Videos